My attempts at making animation tests with my figure have resulted in some quite mediocre footage. I won’t lie – it was something I put off because of being worried about getting a poor result, and after getting a poor result, I do feel a bit deflated.
To complete my articulated figure’s look, I really needed to make some new clothes for her. My first attempts back in December were ok, but I needed to turn up some new hacks for making doll clothes that would look convincing.
After putting together last week’s prototype, I felt as though I wanted to make a few improvements on the joints, so I designed my own 3d printed ball and socket joints that wouldn’t fall out.
After reprinting a few missing pieces, I could start to assemble the entire articulated figure I’ve been designing from scratch, and paint the face.
For weeks now, I’ve been chipping away at designing an articulated figure of myself. I’ve finally gotten to the point of printing a prototype, and I’m amazed at the results so far.