This is the third time I’ve lived in a house and been through a full bathroom gutting and renovation, and I never want to do it again. At least we’ve had a bit of fun with learning to solder copper pipe this week.
It’s been a long time coming but I finally got another sunny day to try testing Jacquard Solarfast dyes.* I started these tests way back in June but wanted to see if they could be improved.
Last week’s rubber press moulds yielded a strange, sticky-looking but poseable figure, but I wasn’t able to finish it enough to show. Instead, I thought I’d share how I spent the last few weeks designing a steampunk bathroom.
Our bathroom renovation is taking up most of my time, and next week it’ll take even more, so I wanted to try something that wouldn’t take too much attention but would help move my stop motion project along – making DIY rubber press moulds of my figure.
This was a “bitty” kind of creative week – doing a bit of this and a bit of that, and starting a bit of a big job when we began our bathroom renovation. Still, I had to make sure that I made time for filming a Crafsman tribute for his YouTube competition.