Fancy supporting me on Patreon?
Of course, I’d love to have your support, as the benefits to me as an artist are obvious: being able to invest more money into the materials I need for my ongoing practice, like paints, brushes, frames, printing equipment and more… but why should you want to support me?
Here’s what’s in it for you.
I’ve put together 6 tiers of patronage, starting at just $1 per month going all the way up to $100. At each level I’ve tried to make it well worth your while (and your investment), so here’s what you’ll get from being my patron.
- Your name and/or your business name featured on my website’s patrons page, with a link to your own website included from the second tier.
- Your name and/or your business name featured in my monthly newsletter, with a link to your own website included from the second tier.
- A special discount on any work in my Etsy store – either 1%, 5%, 10%, 15% or 20% depending on your tier of patronage.
- A digital “thank you” download on the first tiers, followed by a personalised download on the highest tier.
- A monthly postcard on selected tiers.
- A monthly A4 print on selected tiers.
- An original drawing on the highest tier.
- Special access to commissions and work in progress updates.
Projects that you’ll be funding:
I’ve always got big ideas for projects, but right now I’ve got several on the go which will be of particular interest to you.
Foreign Exchange is a project that I’ve been mulling over since 2014.
I’m in the process of making my own money – an artist’s currency that functions as both a unique artwork and as a means of exchange. This project changes the nature of the artist-buyer relationship, because even when I’m “selling” my money, it will still be available for exchanging.
What this means is that if you buy a piece of my money artwork, I will exchange it for British pounds in the future… just like you’d exchange foreign currency after returning from a holiday.
What’s in it for you:
As my patron you’ll be able to access a 1:1 exchange rate, whereas my currency exchanged to the general public will be offered at an exchange rate of 1:2.
Foreign Exchange also encompasses a series of embellished cheques which are, of course, customised with your required value as well as your name.
These will only be offered to patrons and are limited to 25.
The Art & Money: Professional Practice + Personal Finance course
My online course for artists will be launching in the new year. This course will teach principles of personal financial management combined with tools for enhancing your artist’s practice. Find out more at artandmoney.co.uk.
What’s in it for you:
Discounted (or free) access to the course depending on patronage tier, as well as your name/business name acknowledged in the course workbook.
More to come…
My other ongoing projects include fiction writing and my painting practice. All of my patrons will have access to exclusive updates on these projects and upcoming events.
Being an artist’s patron is pretty amazing!
You may not be as wealthy as a Medici, but even a small recurring contribution makes a difference. Imagine being able to call yourself a patron of the arts!
Head over to Patreon and have a look at my options – I’m sure you’ll find one to suit you!
P.S. if you’re an artist, writer or blogger, why not try Patreon for your promoting and supporting your own work?